Really Good Movies

Monday, August 21, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

Movie: Snakes on a Plane (2006)
Watched with: My dad

I was worried this would be, like, Internet: The Motion Picture, but the changes made in response to the fan clamor appear to consist principally of the addition of boobs and Samuel L. Jackson swearing, which are both very good things.*

My one real complaint is that it gets too...I don't want to call "Snakes on a Plane" disturbing, but when everyone's running around screaming and kittens are getting killed it's just...unpleasant. The movie doesn't stop being funny for long, but I wish it'd kept a lighter tone, maybe more like Slither. It's too dopey to be scary, so it may as well stay fun.

But it does, overall, and even the random B plot about Andiotes on a Helicopter holds its own reasonably well.

It doesn't dissapoint, though I wonder how long its fandom can subsist now that it has a reality to contend with instead of just a hilarious abstract.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home