Really Good Movies

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Man Who Fell to Earth

Movie: The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)
Watched with: Angelo

The girl at the video store recommended this, and we kind of just rented it to be nice to her, but I always vaguely intended to see it.

Turns out, it's pretty amazing. It's really long and by the end I pretty much had no idea what was going on, but I really enjoyed it all the way through.

Like Ziggy Stardust, it's an effective combination of the raw artsiness of the proceding years and the poppy glitz of the following. It's not as great a movie as that is an album, but it disserves its reputation as a classic.

I'd say The Man Who Fell to Earth would make a good double feature with 2001: A Space Odyssey, though I don't know if even the most mind-blown among us have that kind of attention span.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home