Really Good Movies

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Shaft

Movie: Shaft (1971)
Watched with: Angelo, my dad, Elisa

Shaft was pretty entertaining.
The problem I had with it was that it was a little too serious to laugh at and a little too goofy to take seriously.
But it had some awesome moments and was all around a pretty good time.
For blaxploitation, I think I still prefer Coffy (1973).

So, I'm probably the only person who would think this was a good idea, and I only do cause of the movies I've just been watching, but why don't they make a blaxploitation scifi or fantasy movie?
People act like there were no black people in midieval Europe, but there were also no dragons and that hasn't stopped anybody. And actually, there were black people on the Iberian Peninsula at least, so I could see it working.

Better yet, remember how I said I, Robot was like a dumber Blade Runner? Why not kick it up a notch and replace the Converse product placements with the hero boning babes completely at random, while the robots are, I dunno, part of Whitey's evil plan which the hero has to fuck up?

It would be the greatest of films.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home