Really Good Movies

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Return of the King (1980)

Movie: Return of the King (1980)
Watched with: Angelo and John

This animated Lord of the Rings movie is really not very good, but it has some great songs in it.
Here's some YouTube videos that feature them:
Where There's A Whip, There's A Way (Orc Marching Song)
Frodo of the Nine Fingers
I wish there was a way I could obtain the soundtrack, but as far as I can tell it's not available anywhere.

The whole thing felt really weirdly jumbled cause it had like 3 narrators (a balladeer, and Gandalf and then I think Sam but maybe I made that part up cause I kind of fell asleep), and while they cut out huge chunks of the book to make it fit into the running time, they felt bad for cutting them out so they had the characters make oblique references to them.
Yet they found time to play each of those songs at least twice. Which is ok, mind. Since they were really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home